- To familiarize the student with the rich systems of psychology in India
- To indicate the progressive movement - an evolution of consciousness, taking place in Indian psychology, over time
- To demonstrate the inherent holism in Indian thought – the view of the person as a bio-psycho-social-spiritual entity
- To demonstrate the explicit application oriented nature of, if not all, most systems of Indian psychology.
- To elucidate that the movement of the world spirit (zeitgeist) is in the direction of Indian psychology and spirituality
- To examine the implications of the above for counseling and personal growth.
- Facilitator: Suneet Varma